Recent Media Composer Updates
Media Composer 8.8
Media Composer 8.7
- Timeline Clip Notes: You can add notes to clips in the Timeline and view all the notes in the Timeline Clip Notes Window. (Used to be Adding Comments.)
- Frame Cache for Effects Editing: Enabling Frame Cache when performing Color Correction.
- PhraseFind (Option): PhraseFind (phonetic find)searches and finds audio dialogue throughout bins in a single project.
- ScriptSync (Option): ScriptSync uses phonetic-indexing technology to analyze the audio portion of a clip and match it to lines of the script text.
- Bin Sharing on Non Avid Storage: The editing application will notify you if your third party storage is emulating Avid NEXIS or Avid ISIS storage.
- Change to Find Window: A few changes have been made to the Find Window.
- Match Frame to Titles and Matte Keys: You can now use Match Frame to quickly find the original source of any title or matte key from a sequence
- Audio Dupe Detection: Quickly view every duplicate clip in your Audio tracks and identify related segments
- Extended audio punch-in: Keep recording audio beyond the duration of the loaded sequence—up to two
- hours past
- Sony Long GOP support: With native support for Sony XAVC-L, Media Composer now provides a complete end-to-end Sony Long GOP workflow
- Advanced Bin Management: Creating and saving bins is easier and faster, with the ability to set a default bin view, create a bin based on a folder, close all but the active bin, and skip bin auto-save prompts
Media Composer 8.6
- Source Browser window: Preview, triage, and select file-based media before actually bringing it into your project; easily manage your source media with automatic AMA plug-in selection, the option to link or import clips, and navigate folder directories
- New audio tools: Mix soundtracks more easily by creating groups, ducking audio, and nesting multiple AudioSuite effects
- Video over IP: With support for the AJA KONA IP card, you can use your Ethernet network to ingest, route, monitor, and play out SD, HD, and 2K media
- Native support for Panasonic AVC-Long G: Work with the latest and most in-demand camera codecs
Media Composer 8.5
- New sleeker interface: Access key tools and features faster with simplified and reorganized menus, making editing more intuitive, productive, and fun
- Support for 64 audio tracks: Create bigger soundtracks while keeping dialog, music, sound effects, and more in separate tracks
- HDR support: Edit high dynamic range (HDR) projects to achieve more realistic, dramatic imagery
- High-visibility editing: Edit with greater precision—and confidence—with new high-visibility feedback displayed as
- you edit in the timeline , enabling you to instantly see your sequence change—before you commit the edit—as you trim clips, edit with sync locks on, and drag and rearrange segments
- Better performance: All played frames and associated effects are cached in RAM, allowing for smoother performance when scrubbing or playing back a complex sequence multiple times
- Group master clips using audio waveform analysis
Media Composer 8.4
- Custom Raster support: Work with any raster up to 8K, from proprietary camera formats to special formats to any raster you can define
- ProRes and XAVC-I native high-res playback: Optimized performance for ProRes and XAVC-I give you
- added flexibility to mix and match high-res media in the Timeline—from DNxHR to ProRes to XAVC-I—and edit with smooth real-time playback
- View closed captions in the Timeline and on an external monitor: See closed caption breaks in the Timeline and expand your closed caption workflows beyond the interface
- Alpha channel support for QuickTime-wrapped DNxHR: Enhance your graphics, effects, and compositing workflows when working with QuickTime applications
- Media Composer | Cloud with Dynamic Media Folders and Background Services: Use Media Composer software and Media Composer | Cloud workflows on a single system—including remote cloud-based editing— while simultaneously performing background upload, render, consolidate, or transcode
- GPU effects acceleration (all systems): Get faster performance with AMD and NVIDIA cards on Mac OS X and Windows-based systems