Recent Media Composer Updates
Media Composer 2018.10 - October 2018
- Mac OS Support - Updated list of supported Operating Systems.
- AVC-LongG - Additional AVC-LongG formats are supported with this release.
- Color Management LUT fix - The BT.2100 color conversions between PQ 2020 and HLG 2020 are made according BT.2390 specifications (at 1000 nits).
- Additional Color Space Presets - More color space presets are available inProgressive HD projects.
Media Composer 2018.9 - September 2018
Media Composer 2018.8 - August 2018
- Live Timeline Additions - You can solo, mute, and change audio gain during playback. You can also choose to set certain Edit Marker window behavior during playback.
- AMA File Export Change - Export options have been updated.
- DNxUncompressed - With the introduction of DNxUncompressed, it is now possible to import, render, transcode and mix-down at uncompressed quality.
- Default Stream Count Limitations in Media Composer - Real-time streams are no longer limited to 12.
- DPX Export Improvement - Exporting DPX files is much faster than in previous releases.
- HLG Scope: Display 75% graticule for Graphics white - The HLG scope waveform displays an orange horizontal line to show graphics white at 75%.
Media Composer 2018.7 - July 2018
- Avid Generic Plug-In: Avid continues working to remove dependencies on QuickTime libraries.
- Launching Media Composer | First: There is a single installer for Media Composer and Media Composer | First
- Enhanced Correlation Tracker: You can select additional export options from Export to File.
- Exporting to XDCAM Change: When exporting XDCAM OP1a, you select XDCAM through the Avid Media Processor.
- Exporting AVC-I OP1a: This release expands our support for exporting AVCI-OP1a.
- Avid Artist DNxIP Device: This release supports the Avid Artist | DNxIP device.
- Setting Automatic HDR Conversions for SDR Media: The editing application allows you to map the white point of SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) media for REC2020 (HLG) and REC2020 (PQ) projects.
- 3D LUTS for HDR to 709 Conversions: We have added 3 LUTs that allows you to preserve high luminance values when converting to Rec.709.
- Introducing Live Timeline
- 16K Project Presets
- New High Frame Rate Projects (100, 119.88, 120)
- Support for NewTek® NDI Video over IP
- Resize the Composer Monitor
- Work with BXF Files
- Support for Full Frame Stereoscopic with Avid Artist DNxIQ
- Performing an Insert Edit to an Exported Sequence
- Preview Growing Sequences and Clips while Exporting to DNxHR or DNxHD
- Allow AMA File Export with Media Offline
Media Composer 2018.5 - May 2018
- Get Info Window Update
- Hybrid Log Gamma Color Transformation
- Change track in create/edit Marker dialog
Media Composer 2018.4 - April 2018
Media Composer renamed into Media Composer Perpetual License
- Timeline Clip Notes Window Updates
- Updates to the Marker Window
- Customizing Timeline Views
- Setting Pre-Roll for Script Window and PhraseFind
- Color Adapters Listed in the Effect Editor
- Performing Insert Edit to an Exported Sequence
- Run Length Encoding for Alpha on Import
- iMac Pro Support
- Refreshing Locked Scripts
- Media Composer Generates iXML Metadata When Creating WAV Media
Media Composer Subscription renamed into Media Composer | Ultimate, now including Symphony-, PhraseFind-, and ScriptSync-Options.
Also available Media Composer (subscription license, no options included, lower price point)
Media Composer 2018.3 - March 2018
Media Composer 2018.2 - February 2018
- Splash Screen on Primary Monitors
- Progress bars on the Primary Monitors
- Selecting Tracks in the Capture Tool and Digital Cut Tool
- 1080p/50 XAVC-Long Capture
- Quick Access to Grid Settings
- Color Correction Improvement
- AVX2 Plug-in Names on Splash Screen
- Setting Font and Font Size in the Find Window
- Artist Color Control Surface Improvement
Media Composer 2018.1 - January 2018
- Mappable Quick Find Button
- Direct Out Export option
Media Composer 8.10 - December 2018
- Enhancements to Audio Mixer Tool
- Reverse Motion Timewarp Effects
- Syncing Based on Waveform Analysis
- Export OP1a MXF file as Panasonic AVC Long-GOP (H.264)
- 8K Project Presets
- Refreshing Locked Bins
- REC2020 (HLG) BT.2100 and REC2020 (SMPTE 2084) Color Spaces
- Logging in to MediaCentral
Media Composer 8.9 - August 2017
Media Composer 8.8 - February 2017
- Support for HiRes Monitors
- Performing Audio Slip
- Audio Mixer Redesign
- Automatically Open Effect Editor
- Pre-clip and post-clip playback
- Source Browser Collapse and Expand
- Larger Thumbnails in the Source Browser
- Position Bar Snap
- Source/Record Colors
- Real-time Scope and Dual-Split Updates
- Custom Grid Settings
- Create a Custom QuickTime Export with Multiple Discrete Audio Tracks
Media Composer 8.7 - December 2016
- Timeline Clip Notes: You can add notes to clips in the Timeline and view all the notes in the Timeline Clip Notes Window. (Used to be Adding Comments.)
- Frame Cache for Effects Editing: Enabling Frame Cache when performing Color Correction.
- PhraseFind (Option): PhraseFind (phonetic find)searches and finds audio dialogue throughout bins in a single project.
- ScriptSync (Option): ScriptSync uses phonetic-indexing technology to analyze the audio portion of a clip and match it to lines of the script text.
- Bin Sharing on Non Avid Storage: The editing application will notify you if your third party storage is emulating Avid NEXIS or Avid ISIS storage.
- Change to Find Window: A few changes have been made to the Find Window.
- Match Frame to Titles and Matte Keys: You can now use Match Frame to quickly find the original source of any title or matte key from a sequence
- Audio Dupe Detection: Quickly view every duplicate clip in your Audio tracks and identify related segments
- Extended audio punch-in: Keep recording audio beyond the duration of the loaded sequence—up to two
- hours past
- Sony Long GOP support: With native support for Sony XAVC-L, Media Composer now provides a complete end-to-end Sony Long GOP workflow
- Advanced Bin Management: Creating and saving bins is easier and faster, with the ability to set a default bin view, create a bin based on a folder, close all but the active bin, and skip bin auto-save prompts
Media Composer 8.6 - June 2016
- Source Browser window: Preview, triage, and select file-based media before actually bringing it into your project; easily manage your source media with automatic AMA plug-in selection, the option to link or import clips, and navigate folder directories
- New audio tools: Mix soundtracks more easily by creating groups, ducking audio, and nesting multiple AudioSuite effects
- Video over IP: With support for the AJA KONA IP card, you can use your Ethernet network to ingest, route, monitor, and play out SD, HD, and 2K media
- Native support for Panasonic AVC-Long G: Work with the latest and most in-demand camera codecs
Media Composer 8.5 - January 2016
- New sleeker interface: Access key tools and features faster with simplified and reorganized menus, making editing more intuitive, productive, and fun
- Support for 64 audio tracks: Create bigger soundtracks while keeping dialog, music, sound effects, and more in separate tracks
- HDR support: Edit high dynamic range (HDR) projects to achieve more realistic, dramatic imagery
- High-visibility editing: Edit with greater precision—and confidence—with new high-visibility feedback displayed as
- you edit in the timeline , enabling you to instantly see your sequence change—before you commit the edit—as you trim clips, edit with sync locks on, and drag and rearrange segments
- Better performance: All played frames and associated effects are cached in RAM, allowing for smoother performance when scrubbing or playing back a complex sequence multiple times
- Group master clips using audio waveform analysis
Media Composer 8.4 - July 2015
- Custom Raster support: Work with any raster up to 8K, from proprietary camera formats to special formats to any raster you can define
- ProRes and XAVC-I native high-res playback: Optimized performance for ProRes and XAVC-I give you
- added flexibility to mix and match high-res media in the Timeline—from DNxHR to ProRes to XAVC-I—and edit with smooth real-time playback
- View closed captions in the Timeline and on an external monitor: See closed caption breaks in the Timeline and expand your closed caption workflows beyond the interface
- Alpha channel support for QuickTime-wrapped DNxHR: Enhance your graphics, effects, and compositing workflows when working with QuickTime applications
- Media Composer | Cloud with Dynamic Media Folders and Background Services: Use Media Composer software and Media Composer | Cloud workflows on a single system—including remote cloud-based editing— while simultaneously performing background upload, render, consolidate, or transcode
- GPU effects acceleration (all systems): Get faster performance with AMD and NVIDIA cards on Mac OS X and Windows-based systems